St. Croix Reggae Band, Midnite, Is Coming To Denver
Inity Weekly (CO) and Rockers Movement (NY/FL) are joining forces in celebrating Mandela Day with St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands-based roots reggae band, Midnite. The event will be held on July 18th at Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom in Denver.
Midnite has gained a massive Grateful Dead-like following and has transcended genres with their experimental and trance reggae sound. The “chant-and-call” style and heavy conscious lyrics of Midnite’s Vaughn Benjamin enhances the band’s music, attracting a diverse, progressive and intellectual crowd.
The overarching objective of Mandela Day is to inspire individuals to take action to help change the world for the better. It is ultimately a call to action for people to recognize their ability to have a positive effect on others around them.
We are encouraging people to register an action of service on the Mandela Day website (MandelaDay.com). Individuals and organizations are free to participate in Mandela Day as they wish, as long as there is adherence to the ethical framework of “service to one’s fellow human”. Ultimately, the Mandela Day event featuring Midnite seeks to empower communities in Denver and beyond.
Supporting acts are Ghanaian/Boulder-based Reggae/Afropop band, Selasee and the Fafa Family, and 2014 Westword Music Award nominee, Rastasaurus.
Music for the night will be provided by Nikka T of Joseph Starr Sound, who is also a winner of the Cannabis Cup many times over, as the mastermind of Essential Extracts.
- Nelson Mandela Day Celebration featuring Midnite – 100% St. Croix Roots Reggae w/ Selasee and the Fafa Family, Rastasaurus, and Nikka T
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom, 2635 Welton St., Denver, 80205 / www.CervantesMasterpiece.com
- Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
- Tickets: $20; More at the door / http://www.ticketfly.com/event/594173-midnite-selasee-fafa-denver/
For more information on the event and the performers for the night, please visit: http://inityweekly.com/inity-weekly-rockers-movement-celebrate-mandela-day-with-midnite/
- Grandoozy Denver 2018 Lineup - March 20, 2018
- Featured Track: Destini – Push (Ft.Doobie Newton) - March 7, 2017
- Minus Zero Festival: Featuring Diplo & Kaskade - February 26, 2016
- A Step-By-Step Plan To Market Your Music And Grow Your Fan-Base - February 2, 2016
- Bassnectar Announces Bass Center 2016 At Dick Sporting Goods Park - January 12, 2016
- Make Affordable Music Videos With Rotor’s Online Music Video Creator - October 28, 2015
- Featured Mixtape: Tripper Jones – “Liquid Drops” - July 12, 2015
- Denver Celebrates Mandela Day With Reggae And Poetry - July 1, 2015
- 11 Resources That Every Musician Should Be Using - May 31, 2015
- Featured Mixtape: Trayce Chapman – “Contraband 2” - May 28, 2015