Aritsts Will Soon Be Able To Make Money On Soundcloud
Today, Alex Ljung, Founder & CEO of Soundcloud announced the introduction of paid advertisements…
At the Premier partner level, creators will have the opportunity to make money from their tracks through advertising. It also includes Pro features and more benefits. At launch, entry to the Premier tier is by invitation. Monetization occurs only on content when it’s played in the US. We’ll open up the program to more creators and more countries as fast as we can.
The introduction of advertising is an important step for creators. Every time you see or hear an ad, an artist gets paid. If you’re in the US, you’ll start to experience occasional ads from our brand partners. We’re bringing ads on gradually. In addition to supporting creators, ads will keep the service free and open for people to listen to SoundCloud. Audio ads will only be served on the content of Premier Partners with their explicit consent. If you have a Free, Pro or Pro Unlimited account, you will not have any audio ads placed on your tracks.
Creators have been at the heart of SoundCloud from the beginning. As we continue to develop our creator partner program we will bring you more tools, support, offerings and opportunities. We can’t wait to hear what you create On SoundCloud! – AlexLjung
This looks like a win for everybody. What are your thoughts?
- Featured Track: Destini – Push (Ft.Doobie Newton) - March 7, 2017
- Minus Zero Festival: Featuring Diplo & Kaskade - February 26, 2016
- A Step-By-Step Plan To Market Your Music And Grow Your Fan-Base - February 2, 2016
- Bassnectar Announces Bass Center 2016 At Dick Sporting Goods Park - January 12, 2016
- Make Affordable Music Videos With Rotor’s Online Music Video Creator - October 28, 2015
- Featured Mixtape: Tripper Jones – “Liquid Drops” - July 12, 2015
- Denver Celebrates Mandela Day With Reggae And Poetry - July 1, 2015
- 11 Resources That Every Musician Should Be Using - May 31, 2015
- Featured Mixtape: Trayce Chapman – “Contraband 2” - May 28, 2015
- Denver Post Article Infuriates Denver’s Hip-Hop Community - May 14, 2015